Here are my notes from the call:
- Allen Cusack said I should call the medical examiner’s office; said ME’s office must do an autopsy if I request it 3
- he asked me if I wanted him to call the ME for me; I told Allen that the ME had refused to do an autopsy
- he asked me if mom had a doctor in Daytona; I told him she’d seen Dr. Peele a few times
- we can find out if we can get an independent pathologist
- Allen is going to get the phone number of an independent pathologist and will call me
- I explained the whole story of the last week and Allen was “shocked”; said he doesn’t understand why ME refused to do an autopsy
- I confirmed with Allen that I am the only one allowed to make any decisions about my mother’s body, and Allen noted that Detective Whittier of the Deland Police Department was the only other person who had contacted him about my mother
The entire call lasted thirteen minutes.
1 Note that all times on this website are Pacific; this phone call began at 1:10 PM EDT.
2 Dr. Allen Cusack, who I later learned was the manager of the facility
3 Note that this is not true according to Bob Burch at the office of the Volusia County Medical Examiner