Well, it looks like I’ll be writing in a new book from now on; I left the other one at O.L.P. Oh, father, I really hope that if someone finds it, it helps them.
How can I ever praise you enough for this weekend and for today? I love you. I praise you! Let me keep your peace, father. Thank you for the closeness I felt to Jake and Fran and all the kids. Praise you, father!
Father, I pray that you bless the prayer meetings going on tonight, especially the one in West Warwick and the one at P.C. and the one in Ann Arbor because I think they meet on Mondays. Praise you, father and let your spirit guide them, your children who need you.
Billy found this list in a Dave Wilkerson book, Man, Have I Got Problems. I thought I’d write it here because of my lousy memory and because it seems to really fit for me and for the whole community after this weekend. Praise you for the fullness of tongues.
“The Commandments for Charismatic Christians”
1. Don’t act like a holier-than-thou Saint.
2. Don’t expect the Holy Spirit to do your footwork.
3. Quit defending the Holy Spirit – he knows how to take care of himself
4. Never demonstrate your gift to satisfy the curious and never show it off.
5. Don’t get hung up on the gift at the expense of the Giver.
6. Use the gifts of the Spirit to claim the fruits of the Spirit.
7. If you speak in tongues, you must live in victory.
8. Rejoice not that you speak in tongues (or prophecy, etc.) – rejoice that your name is written in heaven.
9. You have been given power from on high to love the lost — see that you do it.
10. Don’t cast the pearl of your new experience before swine or they will turn and rend you. Share it with those who truly seek.
Father, I think I’ll type up about twenty-five or so of these for Sunday, huh? And I’ll add on the bottom.
“May the peace of Christ, who is himself the greatest gift, be always with you.”